The latest at THE TERESA JUSINO EXPERIENCE about artist Tony Harris’ recent Facebook rant. Click the link above.
This kind of stuff happens all the time. Yes, it’s happened to me. One day, I might even write about it. But for now, read unwinona’s story…
And then I debated whether or not to put it on Tumblr…but I decided it was important. Because in my own way, I can (unfortunately) point out exactly what is wrong with men when they don’t realize how hard it is to be a woman. How we do not have equal opportunities and freedoms in everyday life….
Yes. Yes to the entirety of this article at Hello Giggles.
"The NBA has been around since 1946, so there’s the association with teams as a part of city pride that allow for a much more deep-rooted history than the newer WNBA founded in 1996. However, we’re coming down on something because it’s newer and less popular, yet earned and justifiably deserved as this country had a lack of female representation in professional sports. We asked for this kind of progress. They represent us as a nation and as women with the freedom to do what they love, and that’s as backward thinking as a suffragist saying she’d rather watch the men vote because they look all strong and serious punching in those little holes. We need these women.”
I’ve been to one Liberty game when I was living in New York and it was so much fun. Would’ve loved to go to more (much like I’d love to go see more roller derby), but I’m just that broke. What’s funny is that while I’m not “into sports,” I always am more into them when it’s women playing. I’m not a “soccer fan” but I love Women’s Soccer. I’m not a “basketball fan,” but I love the WNBA. I love roller derby. I think that says something huge. I think it says that there are probably many girls and women who aren’t “into sports” because they think there’s nothing for them there. They could be sports fans if they could see themselves in it, not necessarily because they want to play, but because they can see someone LIKE them play.
Support women’s sports.
I’m honored to have met this woman. Read this, please.
This post comes with a trigger warning for rape and sexual assault that should be visible from space.
Rape. From the Latin, ‘rapere,’ to take or snatch. Usual meaning: to penetrate another person’s body sexually without their consent. From the Sexual Offences Act, 2003: “A is guilty…
Oh, Ann Coulter. I think it’s so cute how you try so hard to stay relevant by saying any damn fool thing that comes into your head. It’s adorable, really.
Conservative columnist Ann Coulter on Wednesday said that President Barack Obama was campaigning with women’s rights activist Sandra Fluke because his base was “stupid single women.”
At an campaign event in Denver with the former Georgetown University Law School student
I thought that this was just a meme going around, but apparently, there IS an all-female Expendables in the works! HUZZAH! And Helen Mirren? Hell yes. :)
Thank you! Yes. Common fucking sense.
Oh my frack. I finally skimmed that stupid-ass article about Maeve Binchy being childless. Gaaaah. Didn’t read it all, because I don’t really care about the writer’s opinion. But this line caught my eye:
All novelists who have had children are acutely aware that the very best of our sex —…
Welcome back to Monday Media, where The Gender Blender spotlights all the awesome things happening to and for women in media. There’s a lot to make us happy and proud, kids! So, let’s get started…
- Anne Fletcher to Helm Seth Meyers-Scripted “Alone For the Holidays” For Fox 2000 - Women directing things always make me gleeful. As many women as we think we need in front of the camera, we need more behind it, making those roles and that representation possible.
- "Nurse Jackie" Co-Creators/Showrunners Linda Wallem & Liz Brixius to Depart - Wallem and Brixius have created one of Showtime’s most popular shows, one that happens to have a nuanced female character at its center. At first, their departure seems like bad news. But then you realize, they’ve created a show that will go on without them - one with not only the female character’s name, but her stereotypically feminine job right in the title - and will then move on to create other stuff for other networks. As Brixius is now doing. That’s right, ladies! Keep seeding the world with awesome, female stories then move on and do it elsewhere!
- Megan Ellison In Talks to Fund “American Bullshit” With Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper - I love it when female producers bring us big projects. In this case, it’s Megan Ellison’s Annapurna Pictures. Well, it might be. The deal’s not done yet, but it probably will be, and Ellison is one of the hot producers in Hollywood right now. Holla! :) Also, Christian Bale and Bradley Cooper? Yes, please!
- Comedy Writer Danielle Sanchez-Witzel Signs Deal with CBS TV - First of all, yay to female writers getting overall deals at major networks. Second, yay to LATINA female writers getting overall deals at major networks. This warms me in the cockles of my being. :)
- NBC Orders Matchmaking Reality Series Produced by Eva Longoria - Here’s one I have mixed feelings about. On the one hand, we have a successful Latina actress producing new projects for major networks. On the other hand, do we need another show where women are throwing themselves at wealthy bachelors on national television and making spectacles of themselves? Yay for producing, but boo for producing something that could potentially make women look bad.
What do you think? Comment at the link to this on my FB page! And come back next week for another edition of Media Monday! :)